The Best Air Conditioners for a Dry Climate
High Efficiency Air Conditioning from Research to Installation
The Practical Results
- Cool the air
- Dehumidify the air
- In dry climates air conditioners only need to lower the temperature and they waste as much as 20% of their energy dehumidifying air that is already dry enough.
- Insulated metal low restriction duct systems are superior to other systems.
- Running the fan alone for a moderate period at the end of the cycle is helpful
Getting the Right Replacement Air Conditioner
- Always replace both the outside unit and the inside coil.
- Use a fan motor designed for dry climate operation
(such as the Concept3™ in dry mode)
- For maximum cost effectiveness take advantage of utility rebates
- Have the contractor follow the steps in “Proper Installation PDF”
Art Rosenfeld, California Energy Commissioner, contacted Proctor Engineering Group to design air conditioners for dry climates.
PEG left no stone unturned and developed superior air conditioners.
- These air conditioners can save customers 40% on their cooling bills in dry climates.
- These air conditioners can save utilities 20% on their peaks.
Why is the air inside the building dry?
Two things dry the air inside the building
- Dry outside air leaks in and lowers humidity.
- The air conditioner dries the air